View All City of Peoria Jobs City of Peoria
The purpose of this position is to develop and conduct health, fitness and strength training programs for participants ranging from teens to advanced age groups. In addition, the Personal Trainer position monitors the fitness center during scheduled hours to ensure patron safety and education. Essential Functions
- Contacts and schedules appointments with prospective clients. Determines, from completed paperwork, if clients have any orthopedic or disease considerations that will affect the mode of training.
- Reviews all appropriate paperwork with client and obtains signatures where necessary.
- Establishes goals with clients. Develops safe, effective, and progressive exercise programs for clients. Provides a written workout plan for clients and follow up.
- Ensures safety of clients and recreation center users. 3. Promotes other activities within the recreation center.
- Conducts one to two lectures or workshops annually for recreation center pass holders’ education.
- Works a minimum of one floor monitor shift (3-4/hours) per week for one year.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in fields of responsibility by reviewing professional literature and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintains industry certifications
- In addition, two years of previous teaching, implementing, instructing and/or coaching experience is required.
- Certification/License/Other Requirement:
- CCC/AED certification is required within two months of hire.
- Three personal references and three former employer references are required upon hire.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Company: City of Peoria
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Peoria, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A