Website City of Orlando
For most of Orlando’s history we’ve been the place everyone wants to visit. Today, we’re also the place where everyone wants to live and do business. List after list has Orlando as one of the fastest growing cities in America. We’re transitioning from our role as the young upstart to a more mature, global city.
- Enforce all park rules and regulations in a tactful manner.
- Provide information such as available facilities and activities, park usage rules, etc.
- Make scheduled rounds of City parks to provide surveillance and identify individuals trespassing during and after closing hours.
- Attend to emergency situations and performs minor first aid.
- Follow proper emergency procedures in the event of a serious incident.
- Perform light maintenance duties.
- Clear paved areas of debris, branches, and other obstructions.
- Work with civic organizations and sports leagues to coordinate schedules for fields and courts usage under the direction of the Supervisor
- Check facilities to ensure lights have been turned off and buildings secured.
- Operate vehicles, two-way radios, and other equipment.
- Notify the proper authorities, when necessary, of violations.
- Assist authorities to extent permitted.
- Maintain logs and prepares incident reports.
- Demonstrate impeccable customer service.
- Ensure all rental spaces have correct and accurate permits.
- Assist with all special events.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus (2) two years of experience in Security or Law Enforcement preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. First Aid/CPR certification is preferred.
- A valid Florida Driver’s License is required.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather. A person in this position must be able to walk, sit, kneel, bend, reach, push and pull approximately 25 pounds for a short distance.
Company: City of Orlando
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A