Website City of McAllen
Under general supervision, the Administrative Clerk provides dependable customer services and clerical work to include entering information into computer preparing correspondence and other documents, copying, proofreading, maintaining electronic and manual file systems, answering phones, providing courteous and friendly customer service, operating office equipment and assisting with clerical and administrative function. Employee works with many different records or forms, receives and prepares information for further processing or record keeping. Employee may assist with specialized departmental functions and constant customer services. Employee must be able to work well under stress and be able to handle various tasks despite numerous interruptions.
- Performs receptionist duties to include answering phones, routing calls, taking messages and providing public information in a courteous and professional manner.
Performs general office clerical work such as computer word processing, data entry, filling, copying and operating
- Assists and generates cases for concerned citizens regarding city code violations.
- Provides research regarding concerns.
- Types routine correspondence, form letters, requisitions, vouchers, lists, tables and other reports.
- Assists and guides customers with proper permit requests.
- Processes, distributes, routes and files information, records and documents.
- May open, sort, or route mail and archives correspondence or forms.
- Assist as assigned waiting to be engaged during hurricane and other emergencies.
- Assists as needed to include working on irregular, night, weekend and or holidays.
- Maintains work related data, files and records.
- Responds to inquiries in a professional manner providing accurate public information about services without disclosing confidential or unauthorized information.
- Performs daily computer processing and or data entry work.
- Processes requisitions and check requests for department needs.
- Assist with other assignments in the department when requested.
- Processes food permits and renewals for all food establishments within city limits.
- Processes permits for residents (garage sale permits, temporary event permits, agriculture permits as well as other permits).
- Maintains a neat and clean personal appearance, which includes assigned workstation.
- Must be able to deal with difficult customers in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn departmental software.
- Must be capable of operating a multi-line telephone system and general office equipment.
- This position requires a valid Texas Class “C” Driver’s License.
- Job requires advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software applications to include Microsoft Word,
- Must be able to learn departmental office/general operational work activities.
- Must be bilingual and able to communicate effectively in both English & Spanish.
Qualification & Experience:
- Job requires an accredited high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Job requires two (2) years of related work experience.
Company: City of McAllen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A