Website City of McAllen
Under immediate supervision, the Book Shelver assists in various areas through the library and within programs. Employee must be detail oriented, organized and thorough when completing work tasks. Daily contact with public requires courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
- May assist in supervising Work Study Students and Volunteers.
- May participate in internal library committees.
- Exhibits dependability and punctuality in regards to attendance.
- Maintains items in order on shelves and displays and reports irregularities to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains neat and clean personal and work area appearance.
- Troubleshoots problems with library equipment including computers, photocopiers, etc.
- Assists with tours, outreach, programs, and special projects.
- Monitors assigned department. Explains and enforces library policies and procedures to the public.
- Provides digital literacy instruction. Assists patrons with a variety of devices to access electronic resources.
- Provides collection development and collection maintenance support.
- Assists in marketing with the preparation of reading lists, reader’s advisory activities, displays, and publications.
- Sorts and returns materials according to established procedures.
- Locates materials for patrons and departments.
- Completes setup of meeting rooms as planned with customer.
- Assists with the creation of marketing tools such as posters, brochures, etc.
- Schedules meeting rooms for internal and external customers.
- Monitors use of meeting rooms during events.
Able to serve the public in a courteous manner, using tact and diplomacy.
Able to use office equipment to include computer, copy machine, and scanner.
Current, valid TX Class C driver’s license preferred
Able to perform clerical duties efficiently.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
Job requires a diploma from an accredited high school or GED equivalent.
Previous job experience in a customer service field or Library setting is preferred.
Company: City of McAllen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A