Website City of Loveland
Performs a wide variety of analysis, design, testing, installation, integration, maintenance, operational support, troubleshooting, and training tasks for the City’s computer systems. This is a professional level, technically oriented position that requires the ability to continuously learn new technical skills and client information processes.
- Ensures maximum system availability to our IT clients by working weekends and/or evenings to install system and/or application changes.
- Works within defined IT support structure to achieve efficient technology implementation, service, and operations.
- Assists with computer operations as needed for both our IT Staff and IT Clients.
- Occasionally performs delegated duties in the absence of Applications Manager.
- Position identifies training needs and coordinates and/or performs training.
- Learns and uses operating system tools to effectively execute processes. Examples: project management tools, web services, queries or ad-hoc reporting tools, programming languages, client access tools, Microsoft Office tools, device control, database definition, object management, and system performance.
- Performs periodic systems performance analysis and reports that information to the Applications Manager.
- Identifies backup requirements for applications, programs and data, and communicates those needs to appropriate IT personnel.
- Involved with preparing time and cost estimates of proposed projects, which can have a substantial financial impact upon the City.
- Defines preliminary networking and computer equipment requirements to support new or enhanced applications.
- Direct contact with 3 rd party application vendors – to coordinate vendor release upgrades, resolution of system failures, definition of specifications for new system features, definition and scheduling training needs.
- Assists with vendor and/or product selections, which can have a substantial long term impact upon the City budget and process effectiveness.
- Works directly with Staff from various Departments – analyzing present system capability, quick-response problem resolution, determining need/feasibility of developing new system features; and reviewing the quality of and implementing new system features.
- Develops scope of work for new programs, modifications and/or enhancements to existing applications. Manages, test, and implements these additions and changes.
- These tasks are all based on system requirements and departmental needs and are done with a modest set of established guidelines.
- Must be able to operate menu driven computer/cash register system.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- Requires typing at a speed that would enable a transaction or project to be completed in a timely manner.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to deal with customers diplomatically and effectively and demonstrate the skills of
- good judgment and patience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to complete fee transactions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to answer telephones and clearly communicate information.
- Must possess general working knowledge of pro shop procedures and methods..
Company: City of Loveland
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Loveland, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A