View All City of Laredo Jobs City of Laredo
- May assist in training new employees and in assigning, checking, and approving work of laborers and other equipment operators.
- Will be required to drive a City vehicle for City business use.
- May assist in performing unskilled or semi-skilled labor such as installing fences, directing traffic, trimming trees, shrubs, and all other duties as needed to maintain the City.
- Assists in maintaining good communication between staff, visitors, and other business contacts.
- Conducts pre-operation inspections of equipment, identifies equipment problems and reports problems to supervisor for repairs.
- Must follow all rules of telephone and/or hand held radio courtesy in all communications.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment and tools including washing, changing oil, and greasing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a valid Texas Driver License and a good driving record.
- Required to comply with all City of Laredo’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform strenuous and routine work.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in the English language and orally in the Spanish language.
- Ability to maintain good health and physical condition sufficient to permit the full performance of the duties of the position.
- Ability to maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with other employees and respond to general public complaints.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image of the City of Laredo.
- Ability to maintain good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to give directions to and gain compliance from assigned staff.
- Ability to take and follow directions from supervisor.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least five (5) years of experience as a heavy equipment operator (examples of heavy equipment are: backhoe, bulldozer, loader, front end loader, scraper, grader, excavator, dump truck, lowboy, etc.) or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in operating various types of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of the geography of the City including major streets and landmarks.
- Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations, and safe operation of heavy equipment.
Company: City of Laredo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Laredo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A