View All City of Houston Jobs City of Houston
The Mayor’s Office for Homeless Initiatives (MOHI) manages the City of Houston’s response to homelessness by developing best practice-oriented public policy and coordinating the participation of the city, and its various departments, in the region’s nationally-recognized efforts to reduce homelessness.
- Attend and speak at community meetings and events as the Mayor’s Office representative
- Compile, analyze and maintain data on Houston’s homeless initiative, as well as the homeless systems of other major U.S. cities
- Respond to constituent inquiries and requests regarding homelessness
- Manage daily administrative duties of the office (scheduling, expense reports, etc.)
- Coordinate meetings, press conferences and special events
- Coordinate efforts among partners of the region’s homeless response system, relating to outreach, housing, policy development, encampment-response initiatives, etc.
- Manage special projects as needed
- Help coordinate the City’s homeless response activities among its multiple departments
- Conduct research and draft reports, policy memorandums and other documents for the Mayor and City Council
- Attend homeless system meetings as the Mayor’s Office representative
- Conduct housing and outreach assessments for homeless system clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts or other related field.
- Professional experience may be substituted for education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A