View All City of Houston Jobs City of Houston
The City of Houston’s Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) seeks to create a city in which every resident has an affordable home in a community where they can thrive. Partnering with non-profit, governmental, and local entities, HCDD strives to strengthen Houston’s neighborhoods, provide true housing choice and execute the Mayor’s vision for One Houston with complete communities throughout. Since Hurricane Harvey, HCDD is managing more than one billion dollars dedicated to helping low and moderate-income families recover.
- Attend key exchange and warranty transfer meeting with homeowner and contractor in a timely manner and participate in the transfer process.
Upload records/reports in the applicable management system of record (OnBase) and in hard copy folder within 24 hours of task completion.
- Conduct required inspections for single-family home repair, rehabilitation, gut rehab/reconstruction, and new home development.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Inspect and document construction workmanship and progress during all inspections.
- Complete final inspection punch list and provide to project manager prior to key exchange date to ensure punch list items are rectified prior to key exchange.
- Operate City vehicle in a safe manner to and from various construction sites while observing traffic laws.
- Ensure all inspection files (OnBase and hard copy) are set up and all required inspection documents are present with no error.
- Ensure contractors are maintaining safe practices, work site is organized and free of debris, and community is not disrupted by construction activities.
- Communicate all field construction problems and escalate issues that could delay or impact project deliverables to project manager/supervisor.
- Obtain documentation from contractor that all required permits, licenses, and certificates have been obtained.
- Maintain safe practices, adhere to all department safety protocols, and properly utilize PPE.
- Inspect and prepare inspection reports to document and verify contractor work is progressing in accordance with the contractor’s approved project schedule, which includes daily activities and milestones.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in performing progress and final inspections in single family residential home construction and/or renovation with residential construction inspection credentials such as HQS, TREC, or similar certifications.
- Experience digitally capturing/documenting project information, including photographs, in the field.
- Performing at an intermediate level in Microsoft Office, MS Project, OnBase or similar workflow/document management systems, estimation tools such as Xactimate or RS Means, Adobe Pro, and SharePoint, with the ability to quickly grasp specialized software programs.
- Interpreting and applying knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as program guidelines and standard operating procedures and related documents/guidance to work performed.
- Experience with hazardous materials regulatory compliance such as lead, asbestos and mold.
- Understanding information that is technical in nature and communicating such information to technical and non-technical audiences, providing exceptional customer service to program stakeholders.
- Successfully managing multiple complex tasks with competing deadlines and adapting to frequently changing priorities, production requirements, and schedules.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A