City of Greensboro
The City of Greensboro exists to partner with the community to build the desired quality of life for Greensboro. All of our actions are guided by our commitment to and measured by our success in building public trust and the future we and the community desires.
Critical to our success is maintaining a work environment which fosters employee commitment to public service and making a difference in the lives of our residents.
If this sounds like a purpose that you would like to share in, please consider the opportunity below.
Work Schedule: 5 days per week; 4-8 hours per day as needed
Primary Duties/Brief Description of Work:
The Parks and Recreation Technology Systems Assistant responsibilities will focus on providing excellent internal and external customer service. Daily duties consist of but are not limited to: supporting and troubleshooting software applications, tracking and assisting with computer hardware, building and updating databases, website updates, providing application training for end users, front desk coverage including significant contact with the public to provide information and assist with departmental needs, processing paperwork, handling money and providing internal support to staff. The work schedule may be adjusted to extend beyond 5 pm and weekends based on the needs of the department. The person in this position will work closely with the Parks and Recreation Systems Support Specialist for technology support.
The ideal candidate should be a fast learner and possess strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. He/she must be an effective oral and written communicator with diverse populations and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with little supervision while providing excellent customer service. The candidate will be expected to be or become knowledgeable of City, departmental, and personnel policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, and departmental/area goals and expectations. Physical requirements of the job include walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of time, lifting up to 30 lbs. and operating assigned equipment and vehicles as needed.
The Parks and Recreation Technology Systems Assistant position might be for you if:
- You possess great communication skills and are committed to ensuring the highest level of customer service;
- You are a fast learner and a master multitasker/organizer;
- You thrive in a fast paced environment with little supervision;
- You were born to collaborate; you possess strong problem-solving skills.
This job is Non-Exempt and is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Associates’ Degree in Computer Technology, Computer Science, or related field with 2+ years of experience with database management software, and/or asset management software,
- “OR” High School Diploma/G.E.D. with 3+ years of experience with database management software, and/or asset management software
- Prior computer experience using Microsoft Office software programs
- 2+ years of experience in customer service in an office environment
- Valid Driver’s License
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- Demonstrated experience with RecTrac, Info EAM or similar database systems
- Website management experience
- 1+ years of classroom style training experience
- Work experience in the public sector