Website City of Glendale
In an effort to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, City of Glendale has implemented a Mandatory COVID-19 Testing Policy. The Policy will require all City employees, volunteers, interns, and new hires to test for COVID-19 on a weekly basis unless they provide proof of having received their single dose of a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine regimen or the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine regimen.
- Overseeing outside agency grant awards, applications, and/or administration, including, but not limited to, local, state, and federal grants.
Prepares project feasibility studies and work related technical research, reports and correspondence.
- Supervises and assists in checking plans, specifications and computations submitted in connection with applications for private development.
- Reviews and supervises checking of plans, specifications and computations submitted in connection with applications for building permits for new structures and alterations of structures for conformance with the building code, for structural safety, fire hazards, exits and other matters governed by municipal ordinances, and approves or disapproves applications for building permits.
- Managing pavement management program preparation, updates, and review, including automated and field review systems.
- May have the opportunity to participate in related divisional cross-training efforts.
- Confers with architects, contractors, builders and general public as to the requirements and restrictions of the building code, and performs inspections to ensure compliance.
- Manages a major project involving preparation and supervision of designs, specifications, plans estimates and reports involved in the construction and operation of a wide variety of civil engineering work such as storm drains, sanitary sewers, streets and highways, structures, buildings or water utility systems.
- Managing bridge improvement projects and familiarity with the National Bridge Inventory system and processes.
- Managing on-call consultants for various disciplines, including, but not limited to, civil engineering, traffic engineering, construction management, land surveying, and geotechnical engineering.
- Supervises employees of a lower classification in assigned engineering tasks. Assumes personal responsibility for ensuring the duties of the position are performed in a safe, efficient manner.
- Establish smooth working relationships, resolve interpersonal conflicts and foster a teamwork environment.
- Enforce City code requirements while not arousing undue hostility.
- Lead, coach, instruct and motivate employees.
- Analyze information.
- Develop necessary skills from on-the-job training and meet the standards of performance for the classification by the end of the probationary period.
- Maintain a strong customer service orientation in concert with regulatory responsibilities.
- Read, write, communicate effectively and comprehend directions in English.
- Effectively interact with, negotiate with and educate architects, contractors, buildings and the general public.
- Provide exceptional customer service to those using the Public Works Department services..
Qualification & Experience:
Four years professional engineering experience in Civil Engineering work, including two years in Capital Improvement Project Design and Construction Management for public right-of-way projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
Company: City of Glendale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A