Website City Of Edinburg
Performs moderately complex plant operations and maintenance of equipment. Work involves operating and maintaining essential equipment, troubleshooting issues, taking wastewater samples and tests, ensuring the cleanliness and organization of the building and grounds at the Wastewater Plant. Works under general supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Oversee day-to-day management, oversight, process control and operation of municipal wastewater treatment plants.
- Ensure the good working condition and general appearance of the system’s facilities and equipment.
- Performs related work and reports as assigned.
- Work requires the occasional direction of helpers, assistants, seasonal employees, interns, or temporary employees.
- Performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired results. There is some opportunity for discretion when selecting among a few, easily identifiable choices.
- Intermediate computer skills in database management, and record keeping, and in SCADA software systems.
- Work requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret gauges and keep accurate records.
- Work requires regular interaction involving exchange and receipt of information.
- Requires a working knowledge of wastewater treatment operations, lab operations, wastewater sampling and recoding of results.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalency.
Company: City Of Edinburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Edinburg, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A