Website City Of Edinburg
Preforms complex operation, construction, and maintenance of water systems, meters, and/or water lines. Work involves maintaining grounds and landscaping, responding to customer complaints, transporting sludge, assisting other crews, performing equipment and vehicle maintenance and repair. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Achieve Class “B” CDL from the Texas Department of Public Safety with a satisfactory driving record with a tank endorsement within (1) first year of employment.
- Applicant will be subject to a complete background investigation. Incomplete, inaccurate and/or failure to report information will cause the applicant rejection from consideration.
- Assist with traffic control direction, set up traffic signs, cones and utilize flags to manually direct traffic.
- Achieve TCEQ Class “D” Water Distribution License within (1) first year of employment.
- Participate in maintaining facility’s landscape and overall structure.
- Preform manual labor duties related to the repair, maintenance, and construction of many City structures.
- Assist with pick up trash, install insulation to prevent ruptured pipes and water leaks in the winter.
- Applicant must take and pass a pre-employment drug test administered by the City of Edinburg at the City’s expense.
- Operate construction and fitting equipment.
- Achieve TCEQ Class “C” Water Distribution License within (3) three years of employmen
- Requires a working knowledge of water line maintenance and repair.
- Work requires regular interaction involving exchange and receipt of information.
- Performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation.
- Work requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
- Intermediate computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment; includes Excel, Word, Publisher, database management, and record keeping.
- One (1) year of water line maintenance and repair
Company: City Of Edinburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Edinburg, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A