Website City Of Edinburg
Preforms routine work to assist the Environmental Education Coordinator with conducting programs, tours, and activities for school groups and other visitors. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Provides Visitor Services as needed, including providing customer service, gift shop sales, registering patrons, and conducting opening/closing procedures for our facilities.
- Filming, and creating on-line content for our You Tube Channel and Facebook page as a shared responsibility.
- May assist to advertise on social media, operate cash register, facilitate admissions and gift shop areas and submit required checklists and reports.
- Provide interpretation on nature, the environment and wildlife to the public through public outreach programs and activities at local schools and hospitals.
- Conducts educational and skill-based programs on nature, the environment and wildlife.
- Provide support to staff for events and programs, care for live animals,
- Requires working knowledge of World Birding Center indoors and outdoors.
- Requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
- Requires regular interaction and exchange and receipt of information to/from the general public, event exhibitors, children, volunteers, supervisors and coworkers.
- Provide interpretation on South Texas flora and fauna and the World Birding Center site(s) to visitors (indoors and outdoors); assist with site interpreted field trips, special projects, or other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work requires the occasional direction of helpers, assistants, seasonal employees, interns, or temporary employees.
- Position requires work on the weekends, and some evenings..
- Three (3) years’ experience in natural history interpretation, environmental education, wildlife, and/or environmental science.
Company: City Of Edinburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Edinburg, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A