View All City of Corpus Christi Jobs City of Corpus Christi
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
- Train to receive and evaluate 911 calls and on-emergency calls from the public requesting law enforcement, fire, and/or medical emergency assistance.
- Train to input and transmit call information using computer terminal keyboard.
- Refer callers to appropriate agencies.
- Contacts various parties to notify of complaints and/or actions required.
- Train to verify and/or input data as requested by officers in the field.
- Train to operate two-way radios to dispatch calls to various city and county units and receive/communicate information.
- Train to utilize multiple computer monitors from which to update and monitor call status, transmit and receive data.
- Train to notify different agencies of services requested by personnel in the field.
- Train to conduct file inquiries into NCIC/TCIC data banks to check various records.
- Train to contact issuing police agencies by phone to confirm warrants and request written/oral confirmations.
- Request/send information through the TLETS System.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year experience
- TCLEOSE Basic Telecommunication License, TLETS, NCIC/TCIC full access, Basic CPR Instructions with AED and First Aid, and TDD instruction all required within one (1) year of hire
- U.S. Citizenship required in order to obtain TCOLE licenses and certifications listed above.
- Customer service, dictation style typing preferred
- Must successfully complete all areas of training within one (1) year of hire, which includes passing a series of written examinations
- Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and in writing)
- Must be able to analyze data/information, make quick, accurate decisions under stressful situations
Company: City of Corpus Christi
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A