Website City of Corona
Under general supervision, provides professional planning services to City staff, developers, contractors, and the general public; performs professional, technical, statistical, and analytical duties involving land use or other planning studies for a variety of public or private development projects; reviews development and land use applications, as well as zoning and site plans; assists the public at the front counter; completes technical assessments and prepares written project analyses; and performs related duties, as assigned.
- Develops and maintains a statistical reporting system; compiles, analyzes, and interprets data to define environmental conditions, social, economic, and housing trends, community needs, and zoning challenges.
- Coordinates the preparation of meeting agendas for various commissions, boards, and community groups; reviews draft materials and prepares comments; organizes conferences and work sessions and ensures timely notification of appropriate parties.
- Manages entitlement projects for commercial, industrial, and residential properties, zoning clearances, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) environmental studies, and documents for projects; ensures applicants understand the planning process; meets multiple deadlines to ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion.
- Observes and complies with City and mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions; attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of urban planning.
- Schedules, coordinates, and participates in project meetings for planning entitlement projects with applicants, developers, and property owners for project updates; meets and discusses projects with other department/divisions; schedules and coordinates other meetings, as required.
- Coordinates, reviews, and administers contracts for planning and environmental consulting services.
- Prepares and presents staff reports for the City Council, Planning Commission, and various other committees and advisory boards, as directed; conducts briefings and meetings for elected and appointed bodies; prepares and updates maps, graphs, charts, and other visual aids to illustrate
- planning studies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provides technical direction and training to consultants and other planning and technical staff, as needed.
- Assigns and routes plan checks as well as structural, grading, and landscape plans to staff; reviews plan checks for conformity and maintains logs of plan checks processed by the department.
- Compiles information for a variety of studies and reports; researches, analyzes, and interprets social, economic, population, and land use data and trends; assists in reviewing environmental impact reports; develops recommendations and prepares written reports on various planning matters; participates in the implementation and administration of the City’s General Plan and development regulations.
- Provides information and assistance at the public counter, over the telephone, and via e-mail to the public, developers, property owners, contractors, other departments, and outside agencies regarding laws, policies, regulations, standards and procedures with respect to the submission of plans, processing of applications, and implementation requirements.
- Reviews routine to complex proposals, plans, and applications for subdivision, housing, commercial and industrial developments, variances, use permits, and business licenses; determines compliance with appropriate codes, ordinances, standards, laws, rules, regulations, and policies; recommends approval and issues permits, or identifies problems and assesses alternatives; ensures submitted plans comply with zoning ordinances and the General Plan.
- General concepts of architecture, landscaping, grading, drainage, and traffic and transportation engineering as they relate to the process of urban planning.
- City and mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Geographic, socio-economic, transportation, political, and other elements related to urban planning.
- Site planning and architectural design principles.
- Comprehensive plans and current planning and development processes.
- Recent developments, current literature, and sources of information related to planning, zoning, and environmental review.
- Project management and contract administration principles and techniques.
- Principles of advanced mathematics and their application to planning work.
- Principles and procedures of recordkeeping.
- Principles, practices, theories, and trends of municipal, land use, and regional planning, zoning, and environmental review.
- Practices of researching planning and land use issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting effective staff reports.
- Researching and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of a comprehensive environmental planning program.
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, and organizational policies and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
- Modern principles and practices of technical and legal issues of urban and regional planning, zoning, urban economics, demographics, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and environmental planning and program management.
Company: City of Corona
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corona, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A