Website City of Carrollton
Responsible for maintaining City landscape and park facilities to include: removing debris and trash from City grounds; planting flowers and trees; building and repairing fences; painting facilities; and, cleaning park restrooms. May assist ball field crews by grooming, chalking, raking, and shoveling. May operate and provide minor repairs and preventative maintenance for mowers, weed wackers, and other small engine equipment. May assist in park equipment inspection. Work is performed with close supervision (although most tasks are so routine that little supervision is required).
- Performs a variety of landscape maintenance activities, which includes: mowing, trimming, edging, raking, fertilizing, aerating, and watering lawns, grounds, and other areas; planting, weeding, mulching, and spraying plant bed areas; planting, pruning, trimming, and removing trees; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Picks up and removes trash from medians, parks, greenbelts, creeks, drainage areas, ponds, right-of-ways, and/or other open spaces.
- Inspects assigned areas, corrects and/or reports safety hazards.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools and equipment including hand and power mowers, small tractors, generators, weed cutters and chippers, spreaders, edgers, blowers, hedge trimmers, chain saws, rakes, shovels, hoes, brooms and other tools. Drives a variety of trucks and other vehicles.
- Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment. Secures work sites from hazards as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, including proportions and volume.
- Knowledge of the operation and minor maintenance of various vehicles and equipment used in grounds maintenance work.
- Knowledge of safety precautions pertaining to the work;
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of general maintenance work;
- Skilled in utilizing landscaping tools and equipment;
- Skilled in writing, reading and comprehending instructions in English;
- Skilled in performing varied vegetation control and landscape maintenance work in a safe, efficient manner;
- Skilled in performing manual labor;
- Skilled in operating, maintaining, and repairing a variety of hand and power tools;
- Skilled in performing a variety of grounds maintenance and vegetation control activities;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Eighth grade education.
- One year related experience.
Company: City of Carrollton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Carrollton, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A