Website City of Carrollton
Responsible for performing Marshal duties including but not limited to: investigates, locates, apprehends, and documents individuals with outstanding warrants. Processes overnight arrests and transfers defendants from other holding locations to the City. Work is performed with limited supervision.
- Investigates, locates, apprehends, documents, and arrests subjects throughout Dallas, Denton and Collin counties with outstanding warrants. Transports and books prisoners into jail.
- Processes overnight warrant arrests made by other law enforcement agencies for subjects with warrants issued by the City of Carrollton. Tracks subjects being held in other city, county, and state jails on behalf of the City. Transports prisoners from other law enforcement agency jails to the Carrollton jail.
- Provides security at the court, which may include: locking and unlocking the facility; handling disturbances at the Court Clerks’ windows/lobby; making arrests in the lobby; serving as a presence as a law enforcement official in uniform for the purpose of deterring crime and/or other incidents.
- On rare occasions may fill-in as bailiff in the courtroom.
- May serve as back-up to the Police Patrol Division on occasion, as needed.
- Audits a variety of information to eliminate potential false arrests, which may include reviewing: daily confirmation paperwork, regional warrants, daily warrant recall lists, and/or other related items.
- Secures and maintains law enforcement equipment, including assigned City-owned vehicle.
- Provides administrative assistance at the Municipal Court, which may include: entering warrants into applicable database(s); clearing warrants from regional database; and/or performing other warrant related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of law enforcement investigative procedures;
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Knowledge of warrant requirements, processes, and procedures;
- Knowledge of safe work methods;
- Knowledge of courtroom security principles and practices;
- Skilled in apprehending and detaining individuals;
- Skilled in filing documents following prescribed procedures;
- Skilled in maintaining order and security in a courtroom setting;
- Skilled in mitigating hostile situations;
- Skilled in conducting negotiations;
- Skilled in maintaining sensitive and confidential information;
- Skilled in providing customer service;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals
- Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting circumstances and making decisions in major areas where there is uncertainty in approach, methodology, and interpretation;
- Ability to be self-motivated to achieve department goals;
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Four years law enforcement experience.
- Requires Current Peace Officer Certification issued by the State of Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Company: City of Carrollton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Carrollton, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A