Website City of Carrollton
Responsible for performing entry level professional accounting and budget management analysis work such as reconciling general ledger accounts, processing internal allocations, preparing financial reports, assisting with the annual audit, providing annual budget support, investment and cash management support, debt issuance support, and performing research and analysis related to management objectives. Work requires limited supervision and the use of independent judgment and discretion.
- Performs a variety of reconciliations and prepares related reports on applicable financially related activities.
- Prepares a variety of monthly allocations and calculations and prepares related journal entries in financial software.
- Participates in preparing annual work papers and prepares related journal entries.
- Performs budget analysis activities, including developing various annual allocation models and conducting regular budget transfers as needed and approved.
- Coordinates the City’s community service funding program; which includes disseminating applications to local non-profit agencies; compiling results for Council agenda items; preparing Council agenda items; attending related meetings; preparing correspondence to applicable agencies regarding funding status; receiving awarded agency reports; requesting payment of funds to agencies; serving as the primary liaison for applicable agencies; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Coordinates with the Economic Development Department ensuring completeness of the disbursement of Economic Development Grants and assists in the development of the annual Economic Development Fund Budget.
- Coordinates the Finance Department Transparency Star program to ensure compliance with Comptrollers guidelines. Reports on BMA Unit’s monthly performance management metrics.
- Participates in a variety of special projects, and analyses in support of various department operations.Serves as a back-up for various treasury and banking operations.
- Assists in managing the City’s budgeting software application.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge of local government budgeting principles and practices;
- Knowledge of management principles;
- Knowledge of research and analysis methods;
- Skilled in preparing journal entries;
- Skilled in performing mathematical calculations;
- Skilled in recording, analyzing, verifying, reconciling, and reporting accounting transactions and accounts;
- Skilled in preparing clear and concise statements and reports;
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, applying, and explaining rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Skilled in working with large electronic documents;
- Skilled in conducting benchmark surveys;
- Skilled in conducting best practice research;
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- One year of experience in finance, accounting or budgeting.
Company: City of Carrollton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Carrollton, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A