Website City of Anaheim
The Public Utilities Department seeks a talented and experienced Customer Services Manager to direct, manage, supervise and coordinate the programs and activities of the Customer Service Division within the Public Utilities Department; this individual will also coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies; and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Utilities Assistant General Manager – Administration & Risk Services or their designee.
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the division’s annual budget; participate in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of customer relations; incorporate new developments as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommend, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints; ensure the effective and efficient resolution of customer problems and complaints; review public relations programs and make changes as appropriate.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Customer Service Division including credit and collections, utility services, customer account maintenance, field services, and a citywide information call center.
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Provide responsible staff assistance to the Utilities Assistant General Manager – Administration & Risk Services; conduct a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommend modifications to customer service programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage all functions associated with a citywide call center that provides general information and assistance to all Anaheim citizens.
- Develop new methods of notifying customers of utilities service interruptions and outages; oversee the customer updating process.
- Research and recommend new technologies for purchase and implementation by the division.
- Prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Serve as the liaison for the Customer Service Division with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies; negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial issues.
- Prepare requests for proposals, scope of work and agreements for professional services; oversee and monitor the work of consultants; administer contracts with consultants, contractors and outside vendors.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for customer service staff; assign work activities, projects, and programs; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
- Candidates must posses six years of increasingly responsible customer service experience including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility supplemented by a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to perform the essential job functions and provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Candidates possess the knowledge of operational characteristics, services, and activities of a utility billing, customer service and credit program; principles and practices of financial management and public relations; principles and practices of program development and administration; utility billing and customer service activities; principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration; rates, rules and regulations pertaining to public utilities; generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting, budgeting and auditing; processing system design and operation related to utility billing and customer service activities; principles of fiscal management; laws, methods and practices of credit and collections; principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation; pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Candidates possess the ability to oversee and participate in the management of a comprehensive utility billing and customer service program; oversee, direct, and coordinate the work of lower level staff; select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff; participate in the development and administration of division goals, objectives, and procedures; prepare and administer large program budgets; prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports; interpret complex financial statements and measure financial performance; analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals; research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques; interpret and apply federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Company: City of Anaheim
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anaheim, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A