Website City of Abilene
Under the supervision of the Street Supervisor, the Street Maintenance Worker I is a non-exempt position under FLSA which performs semi-skilled and unskilled labor in the repairs and maintenance of streets and alleyways. This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment. This position performs manual labor in the maintenance of streets, signs, flood control and storm drains. This employee should possess a strong mechanical aptitude, and the ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Performs street and curb maintenance procedures;
- Perform snow and ice control procedures;
- Installs and replaces street signs and pavement markings;
- Respond to emergency call outs.
- Safely and effectively operate departmental equipment;
- Assists other divisions of Public Works as needed;
- Assists other departments as the need arises;
- Assists with repairs to water and sewer lines;
- Physical Abilities: Manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy equipment and the ability to operate departmental equipment is required to perform the daily duties of this position.
- The ability and willingness to learn about equipment maintenance and construction materials is required. This employee must be able to operate trucks, hand tools, small motorized equipment and other departmental equipment. The ability to read and interpret written instructions, and effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Work Environment: Adverse working conditions exist within this position. Exposure to hazardous chemicals is expected
Qualification & Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred, and a valid Kansas Driver’s License is required. A Class I Water Certification is preferred.
Company: City of Abilene
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abilene, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A