Website City of Abilene
Under the direction of the Development Manager, this position is responsible for the development, planning, implementation, and execution of all assigned events. This position will work with the Development team to build a robust event portfolio to further advance the mission of the Abilene Zoo.
- Assist organizations and individuals in the after-hours rental of the zoo. Communicate all details of the rentals to Zoo Staff and ensure that appropriate contracts and payments are completed.
- Communicate effectively to ensure that all permits and approvals are secured for each event on zoo grounds.
- Manage event budget with the Development Manager to ensure event expenses are within budget.
- Under the direction of the Development Manager develop and manage relationships with local and national sponsors/partners, volunteers, and other organizations.
- Update and maintain Zoo calendar and community calendars to accurately reflect Zoo events.
- Coordinate with Marketing Coordinator on the aspect of event promotion to local and external audiences.
- Work and collaborate with a wide range of volunteer demographics.
- Conduct post-event follow-up and provide recommendations for the next event.
- Attend City and community events to provide the public with information on programs and events.
- Event planning, coordination, preparation, set up practices and procedures.
- Facility rental and event administration practices and procedures.
- Research, analysis, practices, and procedures.
- Marketing, promotion, and public relations.
Qualification & Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- An Associate’s Degree in Business, Communications or other similar degree is preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year of event planning experience is required.
Company: City of Abilene
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Abilene, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A