Website Central Intelligence Agency
As a Staff Operations Officer for the CIA, you will provide the seamless integration between CIA Headquarters and Directorate of Operations (DO) offices in the field necessary to drive clandestine operations to success. Your effectiveness, versatility, and resourcefulness as a Staff Operations Officer is critical to the success of the DO’s most creative, challenging, and impactful operations.
- Many Staff Operations Officers will spend much of their career serving in the Washington, DC area having opportunities for overseas travel. Opportunities for Staff Operations Officers to serve multi-year postings overseas exist, but these positions are competitive.
All Directorate of Operations (DO) officers are hired at an entry level and train as they are expected to work – as one team. DO officers are hired into one of two programs: the Clandestine Service Trainee (CST) program or the Professional Trainee (PT) program. A CST has three or more years of professional experience, while PT has less than three years of professional experience. DO officers begin their careers learning the foundations of operations via classroom training, practical exercises, and on-the-job experience gained through a series of interim assignments. Based on the program into which each applicant is hired, the number of interim assignments will vary.
- Ability to develop and maintain broad networks across the CIA and the US Government
- Deal effectively, comfortably, and confidently with people at all levels of responsibility, authority, and rank
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- View challenge and uncertainty as opportunity
- Ability to take initiative and deliver results
- Confidence and authoritative voice in strategic operational decisions
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (applicants within one year of earning a four year degree will be considered); there is no preferred major or program of study (degrees from foreign academic institutions are accepted, but you are responsible for obtaining and providing CIA with a credential evaluation from an accredited firm confirming that the foreign degree is the equivalent of a BA/BS and/or MA/MS degree conferred by a U.S. college or university
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A