Website Chicago Public Schools
Crown Community Academy of Fine Arts, a Chicago Public School, is looking for a dynamic, experienced 3rd Grade Teacher. We are a close knit community school that values collaboration, professional development, and shared leadership. Average teacher to student ratio is 1:17. If you would like to learn more about our school via a virtual interview, please email your resume to School Principal, Zarree Walker at [email protected]! We are excited to learn more about you!
*You must be certified or have a qualifying documents to apply for certification to teach elementary grades through the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Responsible for instructional planning, including, but not limited to, providing written lesson plans and preparation in accordance with the objectives of the instructional program, establishing positive learning expectation standards for all pupils, and evaluating pupils’ progress and maintaining current and accurate records of pupils’ achievements; implements instructional methods, including, but not limited to, applying contemporary principles of learning theory and teaching methodology, drawing from the range of instructional materials available in the school, participating in the development and implementation of new teaching techniques, and providing bulletin board and interest areas reflective of pupils’ current work; exhibits and applies knowledge of the curriculum content related to subject areas and instructional level; participates in programs to improve student attendance; promotes anti-vandalism programs in the schools; establishes and maintains reasonable rules of conduct within the classroom and on school grounds, including, but not limited to, playgrounds, corridors, and lunchrooms, consistent with the provisions of the Chicago Public Schools’ Uniform Discipline Code; maintains accurate attendance records and seating charts; encourages student growth in self-discipline and positive self-concept; ensures fairness in teacher-pupil relationships and exhibits an understanding and respect for students; initiates appropriate conferences with parents, guardians, administrators, and/or ancillary personnel, in accordance with school procedures; communicates with parents or guardians and counsels pupils on the pupil’s academic progress, attendance, and conduct; participates in in-service meetings and professional staff meetings and uses pertinent information and materials provided; may coordinate and attend class field trips; may work in extra-curricular and after-school activities; utilizes appropriate resources available in the community.
- Knowledge, Abilities, and Skill. Knowledge of subject matter consistent with state certification requirements, knowledge of contemporary principles and practices of teaching, knowledge of classroom and behavior management techniques.
- Skill in the application of contemporary principles and practices of teaching, good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, skill in exercising sound and professional judgment.
- Ability to modify instruction to meet student needs, ability to cooperate with the school faculty and administration in the development and implementation of an articulated program of instruction, ability to work effectively with pupils, parents and guardians, staff members, and community representatives in providing an appropriate educational program; ability to understand the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional patterns of pupils.
- Physical Requirements. Light Work: Exerting up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally, or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands include the ability to stoop occasionally, reach frequently, handle and finger objects occasionally, talk and hear constantly, frequent use of near visual acuity, and occasional use offer visual acuity.
- Teachers must possess at least one of the following valid teaching license issued by the Illinois State Board of Education: Professional Educator License (PEL), Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) or a Substitute License.
- Education and Experience. Successful completion of all student teaching requirements as well as all course work required to obtain the appropriate teaching certificate(s) issued by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Company: Chicago Public Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A