Website Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
The Bureau’s Director’s Financial Analyst Program is a two-year rotational analyst program that will give a select number of recent college graduates with undergraduate degrees the unique opportunity to work with senior-level executives on some of the most critical issues facing consumer financial markets in the United States.
- Mine data from selected data sources to arrive at specific information to be used by Bureau staff to conduct research and analysis of issues relating to consumer finance. Document the analyses performed to ensure that future verification and reproduction of results can take place.
- Seek out innovative, new sources of data to improve quality of analysis and, as directed, incorporate them into analysis.
- Communicate to senior leaders across the Bureau through written and oral presentations.
- Extract data from data sources and perform ad-hoc or periodic queries for use by Bureau staff engaged in research and policy development.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on the queries and, as directed, implement improvements.
- Support the development of substantive policy choices and agency-wide strategy through qualitative research, including policy, legal, and market research.
- Participate in the implementation of segments of new production and data storage systems to support research, inform consumers, guide the supervision of covered persons, and enforce rules relating to consumer financial protection.
- Perform analysis of defined segments of business and data structures to generate business insights or gauge product performance. Provide feedback and suggestions on analyses and, as directed, implement improvements.
- Use selected programming languages, analytical tools, data structures, and data logic to maintain data quality programs. Provide feedback and suggestions and as directed, implement process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization to improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Assist internal clients with analytical projects relating to the consumer finance markets and providers. Draft segments of reports, analyses, and interpretations of data to Bureau staff to monitor business critical results. Assemble relevant data and other information from internal and external sources, including financial or banking industries, businesses, or regulatory agencies or from commercial vendors; solve straightforward problems as they arise. Prepare drafts of findings for review by senior specialists. Provide feedback and suggestions on projects and products and, as directed, implement improvements.
Company: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A