Website Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
This position is located at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR. As a Senior Technologist, you will serve as a strategic advisor in any of the following areas to further the Bureau’s investigative and policymaking goals, guide stakeholders through organizational change, and help the CFPB effectively protect consumers.
- Software Engineering: Design, create, and test systems to dig into investigations. Use front-end, back-end, and full-stack engineering to develop and support new technical strategies that could help effectively protect consumers. This could include API design and development, furthering open-source policies, while prioritizing maintainability and software reusability in all product development. Programming languages, e.g., Python, SQL, R, Java, JS, Go, Scala, C, C++, Julia, or MatLab.
- Design & UX: Use expertise to help the CFPB understand how certain UX techniques can be harmful to consumers. Apply human-centered design techniques to policy findings and advocate for consumer needs. Understand and summarize economic, social, and financial product research on issues affecting financial decision-making and the impact those findings may have on cross-Bureau policymaking and investigative efforts.
- Examine large datasets using scripting languages or modern statistical analyses and computational languages (e.g. Python, R, SQL) to investigate allegations that financial institutions have broken the law.
- Use artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technologies, logistic and linear regression models, or natural language processing (NLP) to detect, anticipate and prevent potential consumer harm or anticompetitive conduct.
- Product Management: Coordinate across stakeholders and use agile or lean approaches to align cross-functional teams around a common vision or strategy and user needs.
- Monitor markets and develop environmental analyses. Use expertise to advance the use of emerging technologies within government.
Company: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A