Website U.S. Census Bureau
The U.S. Census Bureau serves as the nation’s leading provider of quality data about its people and economy. We are guided on this mission by scientific objectivity, strong capable workforce, devotion to research-based innovation, and abiding commitment. We offer competitive salaries, flexible hours/work arrangements, developmental opportunities, a variety of benefits/health insurance plans, and incentives. If working in an environment that values your individuality, diversity and allows you to achieve your professional goals appeals to you, then the U.S. Census Bureau is the place for you.
- Identifying, sorting, and calculating data; and/or establishing detailed procedures needed to enter and retrieve data for administrative and/or survey reports.
- Performing troubleshooting duties related to hardware, software, and/or telecommunications problems.
- Transmitting and receiving documents through networked computers.
- Editing and reformatting electronic drafts of reports and materials.
- Proofreading materials to ensure conformance with office standards.
- U.S. citizen.
- Suitable for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the announcement closing date.
- You may be required to complete a financial disclosure (OGE-450).
Qualification & Experience:
- For the GS-06, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service.
- Experience for this position includes identifying and resolving hardware and software problems, and coordinating the replacement of laptop. Experience in providing clerical support and assistance to an office staff, using automated equipment and products to compile information.
- Experience establishing process improvements in an administrative environment.
Company: U.S. Census Bureau
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A