The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.
- In accordance with Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-33-20 and, as a result of the COVID-19 rapid out-break, Caltrans will continue its hiring practices as they are deemed necessary to “maintain continuity of operations of the federal critical infrastructure…,” Candidates who participate in the interview process will be considered essential in promoting this effort and are not in violation of Executive Order N-33-20. Virtual interviews via web portals or phone will be offered as deemed appropriate and feasible by the hiring manager – standard in-person interviews will still be offered if conditions permit. Please speak with the Hiring Unit contact for more information.
- The position(s) require(s) a valid unrestricted Class A commercial driver’s license, with Tank Vehicle (N) endorsement.
- The position(s) require(s) a Drug Screening be passed prior to being hired.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is required when operating a state owned or leased vehicle.
- The position(s) require(s) a valid California Drivers License (CDL). You must answer the questions addressing your CDL on your application.
- Ensure you provide your CDL number, class, expiration date, and any endorsements and/or restrictions.
- This position(s) may require medical and/or audio clearance prior to being hired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Redding, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A