Website Bureau of Labor Statistics
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day and that includes law enforcement and military backgrounds. We’re currently seeking police officers, military veterans (Special Forces, explosives, WMD, intelligence) and pilots (helicopter and fixed-wing). Apply your tactical skills, leadership, integrity and teamwork to gathering evidence or helping to dismantle a criminal enterprise.
- An ability to think on your feet and be a team player.
- Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
- The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
- Be detail-oriented, yet able to keep a strategic focus.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A high-level of physical fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT); must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
Company: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A