Website Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
This position is located in the Office of Management, Financial Management Division, Resource Management Branch.
Performs a wide variety of analytical duties connected with the formulation, justification, presentation, evaluation, execution, monitoring, and review of assigned budget areas. Participates fully in the formulation of policies, plans, systems and procedures to manage and continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Bureau’s overall financial management.
- Review, analyzes and edits multi-year budget estimates/requests for accuracy of technical treatment and format, mathematical accuracy, adequacy of supporting narrative, justification, and conformance with budgetary policy.
- Organize and manages small groups on definitive projects and explains budget concepts, processes and assignments to lower-graded analysts and to program managers throughout the Bureau.
- Review long-range budgetary and strategic planning program requirements to assure conformity with established Bureau policy and intent of Congress. Identifies and discusses changes in the structure or content of appropriations and funds to better accomplish the Bureau’s mission.
- Provide expert guidance to other Bureau offices on operating within established authorities; proposes new policies or procedures based on understanding of these authorities.
- Prepare and/or coordinates responses to inquiries from Congress or other Federal agencies (i.e., OMB, General Accounting Office (GAO), etc).
- Ensure that all responses are accurate and consistent with Bureau policy, program and budget considerations. Coordinates, monitors, evaluates and analyzes significant problems and issues of concern and independently unifies corrective action of major deficiencies.
- Interpret the budgetary aspects of laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Participates in planning and coordinating budget presentation activities.
- Advise program managers and assists in the preparation and execution of agreements to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- May be required to serve a one year probationary period.
- Must successfully complete a background security investigation
- Must be registered or exempt from the Selective Service. See www.sss.gov
Company: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A