Website US Army Corps of Engineers
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is one of the best! In 2020, USACE ranked #2 of government large-agency subcomponent! USACE is one of the world’s premier public engineering, design, and construction management agencies. We serve the American people, striving to provide the most effective engineering and environmental science solutions to the nation’s complex problems affecting national security, the economy and the environment in which we live.
- Responsible for administering the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Administrative Appeal Process within the Major Subordinate Command (MSC).
- Provide advice to the MSC commander and senior Corps leadership on technical, regulatory, and policy aspects of permit application evaluation procedures and documentation.
- Develop procedures to implement programmatic initiatives and/or incorporate policies into the management of the MSC’s regulatory program.
- Advise on technical aspects of permit application evaluation procedures and documentation.
- Exercise delegated authority to act on behalf of the Major Subordinate Command Commander in conducting full review and evaluations of an administrative appeal for approved jurisdictional determinations.
- Oversee appeals of permit denial actions and for issued permits declined by applicants.
- Serve as the Major Subordinate Command (MSC) technical expert and review officer (RO) on permit applications for activities in waters of the United States and/or navigable waters of the United States.
- This position requires you to possess, or be willing to obtain and maintain, a valid, State-issued motor vehicle driver?s license.
- This position requires temporary business travel (TDY) to other duty locations approximately 25% of the time within a 12 month period to conduct site inspections of appeal cases, attend technical meetings, and training classes.
- Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty location or work arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before entrance on duty, subject to exceptions as required by law.
- If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what documentation is needed and how to request any legally required exceptions from this requirement.
- This position requires some physical exertion such as: hiking long distances, repeated digging of soil pits, frequent bending or stooping, climbing steep inclines, and jumping over obstructions when conducting field visits.
- When conducting field inspections, you may be exposed to adverse/inclement weather conditions, exposure to dangerous chemicals, noise, fumes, and contaminated water. Protective equipment will be required.
- Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance with this mandate, review the vaccination requirements, to include timelines for receiving required doses, at the following: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Disclosure Report, upon entrance into the position and annually thereafter.
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A