Website US Army Corps of Engineers
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is one of the best! In 2020, USACE ranked #2 of government large-agency subcomponent! USACE is one of the world’s premier public engineering, design, and construction management agencies. We serve the American people, striving to provide the most effective engineering and environmental science solutions to the nation’s complex problems affecting national security, the economy and the environment in which we live.
- Exercise delegated authority to act on behalf of the Major Subordinate Command Commander in conducting full review and evaluations of an administrative appeal for approved jurisdictional determinations.
- Oversee appeals of permit denial actions and for issued permits declined by applicants.
- Develop procedures to implement programmatic initiatives and/or incorporate policies into the management of the MSC’s regulatory program.
- Provide advice to the MSC commander and senior Corps leadership on technical, regulatory, and policy aspects of permit application evaluation procedures and documentation.
- Responsible for administering the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Administrative Appeal Process within the Major Subordinate Command (MSC).
- Serve as the Major Subordinate Command (MSC) technical expert and review officer (RO) on permit applications for activities in waters of the United States and/or navigable waters of the United States.
- Advise on technical aspects of permit application evaluation procedures and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in geography; or related physical or social science such as geology, meteorology, economics, statistics, sociology, anthropology, political science, history, cartography, computer science, urban studies, or planning that included at least 24 semester hours in geography or related fields.
- Combination of Education and Experience: Courses equivalent to a major in geography, or a related field that included at least 24 semester hours in geography or related fields, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A