Website US Army Corps of Engineers
Incumbent will be a senior Industrial Hygienist responsible for performing a variety of safety and occupational health/industrial hygiene duties in support of the Sacramento District’s Safety and Occupational Health Office.
- Performs site investigations and visits construction in progress to provide guidance and assistance.
- Assists Project Managers and Senior Technical Leads in preparing Scopes of Work for sustainable design related services to be accomplished by
- Architect-Engineer firms.
- Provides guidance and mentorship on policies and best practices to Sacramento District Engineering, Project Management, and Construction personnel in the form of one-on-one discussions as well as formal presentations and training.
- Performs technical reviews of in-house design products as well as those prepared by Architect-Engineer companies for compliance with sustainable design policies.
- Oversees the Guiding Principles Validation and Third Party Certification process for all Sacramento District projects, and prepares required documentation, as needed.
- Provides advice and guidance to design teams, Project Managers, Program Managers, field personnel, design agencies, and others on interpretation and implementation of the sustainable design policy and strategies.
- Regional Technical Specialist for Sustainable Design and Construction.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A