Website US Army Corps of Engineers
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for certain personnel of DoD workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
- Develops engineering designs for water resource projects, considering environmental factors and specialized factors.
- Reviews existing reports, design memorandums, environmental statements, maps, and backup material.
- Reviews and analyzes cost estimates for construction, engineering and design, and construction supervision and administration, considering construction methods and procedures and hired labor cost experience.
- Visits sites to determine topographical and site conditions, type and location of interfering utilities and structures, drainage patterns, traffic flow patterns, and other general physical conditions
- Works with outside agencies to incorporate their requirements for flood control and recreation projects; applies criteria provided by the project engineer to determine rights-of-way and construction easement requirements.
- Reviews the progress of detailed tasks assigned to subordinates, and reviews completed tasks for accuracy, adequacy, conformity with established standards, and completeness.
Qualification & Experience:
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a two year probationary period unless the appointee has previously met the requirements as described in 5 CFR Part 315.
- Appointment requires business travel which is approximately 25% of the time.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic
Company: US Army Corps of Engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A