About the job
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Summary Of Duties
The Lead Service Attendant (LSA) is primarily responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere of hospitability for Amtrak passengers that result in exceeding customer expectations. Works in a fast-paced environment onboard trains. Coordinates work and supervises a team of food and wait staff responsible for the provision of food and beverage service to Amtrak passengers. Maintains cleanliness of rail car interior ensuring compliance with FDA and Amtrak Service Standards requirements. Functions independently while simultaneously supporting the service staff. Utilizes superior interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and effectively with passengers and crew to ensure employee and customer satisfaction in both ideal and off-schedule conditions. Responsible for safe practices and meeting sanitation standards during all segments of service from loading, stocking, preparing, serving, clean-up, and end of trip close outs. Responsible for the security, sale, safe handling and accounting of food and beverage products. Strictly complies with cash and credit transaction handling procedures and protects Amtrak funds. Adheres to uniform and grooming requirements. Prepares associated paperwork. Utilizes a cash register or similar point of sale device and follows established accounting procedures without deviation.
- Must have some experience in a customer service or similar public contact role exhibiting responsibility, initiative, physical coordination, problem-solving, creativity, and leadership characteristics.
- Work experience must demonstrate strong, clear and effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills, professionalism, and a customer-friendly demeanor.
- Must have satisfactory attendance and safe work record.
Applicants For The Position Of LSA Must
- Successfully complete a customer service aptitude & integrity test instrument.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- Be able to work while standing for long periods of time.
- Be able to work a variety of hours and days off, including up to six to eight days away from home crew base.
- Demonstrate a friendly, outgoing, and courteous disposition.
- Must have prior satisfactory work performance.
- Prior experience working in a team service environment.
- Some experience in a food/beverage environment, cash Restaurant and/or Travel, Hospitality industries.
Communication And Interpersonal Skills
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position becomes available.
Requisition ID: 76912
Posting Location(s): North Carolina
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 100%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR
- 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || Railroad Operations