Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international – with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
This position supports the development of aircraft structures as a Static Stress analyst. Duties include performing complex static analysis for both metallic and non-metallic parts while working in close collaboration with design and fatigue colleagues to provide quality solutions. Methods include the use of both classical hand calculations and computer techniques to develop high strength to weight ratio structures.
- Autonomously perform complex analyses to verify that structural integrity requirements have been met. Team assignments may include detail part sizing, layout maturation, trade study analysis, weight reduction efforts, certification activity, or in-service support.
- Document analyses in support of trade studies or detail drawing sign-out for airframe structure.
- Mentor less experienced Static Stress Engineers in all types of metallic and/or non-metallic structural repairs.
Other duties as assigned:
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of classical and numerical (Finite Element) stress analysis methods.
- Accept broad objectives with agreed deadlines and establish the tasks required and how they should be completed. Capable of working independently.
- Provide leadership and on-the-job training for less experienced structural analysts.
- Utilize tool sets at an advanced level.
- Liaise with Design, Fatigue and other appropriate Airbus departments to come up with optimum design solutions.
- Identify and support local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through process, methods and tools improvements.
- Ensure all tasks and activities are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales.
- Obtain and utilize technical signatory to sign off repair data
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering (Aero, Civil, Mechanical) with a strong curriculum emphasis on structural design and analysis and mechanics of materials is required.
- A Minor in Computer Science is a plus.
- Minimum 9 years total structure analysis experience in airframe design/repair programs.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Have the ability to achieve delegated signature (static stress approval).
- Position requires knowledge of classical and numerical (Finite Element) stress analysis methods.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment both independently and collectively.
- Experience in airframe design (metallic & composites), F&DT, SRM, MRB, FAR/JAR/CS/Part25, Certification, CATIA, NASTRAN, and PATRAN, is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) and Google Suite (GMail, Docs, Sheets, Slides) required.
- Team player demonstrating a positive & collaborative attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptability.
- Working knowledge of all Airbus Structures preferred.
- Knowledge of Airbus stress/fatigue manuals and tools preferred.
- Demonstrated a high level of problem solving ability.
- Ability to code in C, C++, Python, or other programming languages is desirable.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to communication effectively in English (verbal and written)
- Conversational in French and/or German is a plus, but not required.
- <5% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
- Candidate should be comfortable working for extending periods of time using computers and in an office environment.
Equal Opportunity: Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.