Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader. Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international – with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
The Talent Acquisition Partner (Contract) is responsible for sourcing, screening and recommending candidates for Airbus organizational roles. This person must understand, model and represent the Airbus employment value proposition and published Airbus Values. He or she will identify opportunities to build applicant pools, establish trust and partnerships with the managers, identify potential “fit” through effective interviewing and testing, effectively administer the interviewing and onboarding process, and ensure a positive new hire experience. Developing and executing recruitment plans and strategies are primary responsibilities to ensure hiring goals are met with the best possible talent. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
This role will be the focal to support recruitment for the Airbus Americas Engineering business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, requisition creation, compensation and sourcing strategies.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Continuously develop networks/partnerships to actively build a database/pipeline of candidates and the Airbus company brand.
- Recruit and perform talent acquisition activities such as resume & phone screens, candidate interviews, recommend final selection of applicants and close qualified candidates.
- Arrange pre-employment testing, background & references screenings as required. Evaluation and input of our current vendors
- Place and update all job postings in various Medias including internet/intranet sites, colleges, social networks, community boards and staffing partners.
- Represent the company at recruiting events (i.e., college job fairs), providing company/job information and interviewing applicants.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to promote Airbus referral program and internal opportunities.
- Maintain applicant tracking system, recruiting reports and other staffing administration functions as needed.
- Respond timely to internal and external applicant situations, and applicant requests as required.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Higher education (two- or four-year college degree) or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of human resources, talent acquisition and interviewing experience required.
- Prior recruitment experience in Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
- Strong understanding of staffing principles, laws, and procedures and a solid working knowledge of recruitment/employment programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in online/social media recruiting.
- Ideal candidate will have experience and/or exposure in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Proven ability to communicate and effectively “sell” an organization’s value proposition.
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication, marketing, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Google Suite is a plus internet, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Strong customer service, negotiation skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels throughout the company.
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally, including overnight travel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Regularly required to verbally communicate, listen and give presentations as needed.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel and applicants.
- General office environment: with moderate noise levels.
- Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 15% travel.
- Periods of stress may occur.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.